Oświata żydowska w powojennej Legnicy (1945–1968)
Loading...
Date
Authors
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Poznańskie Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Nauk we współpracy z Zakładem Historii Wychowania, WSE UAM
DOI
Files
Loading...
Name
7.pdf
Size
328.1 KB
Format
Adobe PDF
Checksum
(MD5):b5876784708fa4a180b60dd3cf4808d4
Abstract
When the war activities came to a close, first Jews started to come into town, mainly the former
prisoners from Gross-Rosen concentration camp, and then the displaced rescued in the territory of
the Soviet Union. The newcomers soon opened their own educational facilities and in the school
year 1946/1947 in Legnica there were: a kindergarten, a foster house, a heder, a primary school with
Hebrew as the language of lecture, a kibbutz and a Hebrew primary school. The educational pluralism
did not last long because from the school year 1950/1951 there remained just one state-controlled
Jewish school (the other facilities had been closed). The kindergarten was the only exception and
although it received the status of a public institution it preserved Jewish character until mid-50s.
The subsequent years brought significant fluctuation of teachers and students as many of them left
Poland in the first half of the 1950s, whereas from 1956 more newcomers arrived from the USSR.
On September 1, 1959 a high-school class was launched in the local primary school.
In the 1960s the emigration of Jews from Legnica increased significantly, which resulted in smaller
number of students. A breakthrough year was 1968, when, because of too small number
Description
Keywords
Citation
Biuletyn Historii Wychowania, 2013, nr 29, s. 101-115.
Collections
Endorsement
Review
Supplemented By
Referenced By
Rights and licensing
info:eu-repo/semantics/openAccess